A unique and creamy combination of earthy and nutty notes for your divine pallet see one of our favorite risotto recipes of all time.
FOR THE RISOTTO
- 200g Grated Klein River Gruberg Mature Cheese
- 100g Salted Butter
- 1/2 an Onion
- 1L Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup of Uncooked Samp Maize (Can pulse in blender to refine maize even further)
- Fresh Parsley, Salt and pepper corns
- Half a Lemon for juice and zest
- Sweat the onions in a sauce pan with 1/3 of the butter on medium heat until transparent
- Crush or grind you pepper corns (using freshly crushed peppercorns will enhance the taste)
- Add your samp to the transparent onions and start mixing together
- Add enough chicken stock until all the samp is covered and allow the mixture to slowly simmer while continuously stirring
- Add your salt and pepper once the samp is on the verge of being al dente.
- If the consistency of the samp is still too hard add more stock and continue stirring
- Add the remaining butter and freshly chopped parsley into the center of the mixture and stir well
- Gradually add your grated cheese, do not add all at once, you want the cheese to blend and melt evenly into the risotto
- Once your cheese has melted into the risotto, add the juice of half a lemon
- Allow to rest for 2 minutes and then plate
- After plating add a sprinkle of lemon zest and fresh parsley
Buy Klein River Cheese and more online here.