Klein River Overberg is an aged Gouda-style cheese made from cow’s milk. Matured for 4.5 months, this cheese has a rich and robust flavour with endless creaminess. This month’s recipe is a tantalising grilled chicken and Overberg sandwich.
Looking for some lunchtime inspiration? Craving an extravagant midnight snack? Look no further!
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp Cranberry sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced Overberg
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Grill the chicken in a pan or use some leftover roast chicken
- Spread the cranberry sauce on two of the sourdough bread slices
- Top the remaining two sourdough bread slices with rocket leaves
- Add the sliced Overberg on top followed by the sliced, grilled chicken
- Spread some more cranberry sauce on top of the chicken and top with the second piece of bread
- Serve & enjoy!